A Free App to Plan Your Itinerary and Enjoy Travel in a True Sense
Are you a passionate traveler? If yes, how do you plan your itinerary? Mostly, you might have to work on guesswork right? But if someone gives you a detailed description of roads, rail tracks, other transportation methods, along with sightseeing, and many other adventures, won’t you love it? I know you certainly will. This fantastic facility is being offered by the new Track-Kit App. This app works on iPhone and iPad and you can explore new places through it even before you start traveling, share your routes and images with your friends, and all this you can do for absolutely free!
What is Track-Kit App Good For?
Track-Kit App is great for traveling, hiking, boating, hunting, sightseeing and navigating your way around. The intention of the creator of the app is not only to provide you a multifunctional tracker but also a unique web service for exploring as well as adding your travel routes for free.
Track-Kit App has got some extraordinary features. Some of them are:
Interface (Moon Bullet)
- You can record your tracks and traveling logs by adding waypoints and pictures for your friends and fellow travelers. Who knows, you can explore new routes!
- With just one click, you can take a photo and form a waypoint on your course. This way you can denote striking places to visit, running paths and secret vistas.
- You can illustrate your traveling experience by adding pictures and Google street panoramas to your course.
- You can create stunning presentations of places you visit during your course. You can do this by inserting videos of street views and playback your tracks too.
- What next after creating the routes and presentations? You can submit them to the website of Track-Kit App, www.track-kit.net and organize your routes. This will help you in comparing various tracks and find the easiest one or the most challenging one if you love adventures.
- As you have done such a hard work, others should be benefitted by it. They will! You can share your pictures, tracks and itinerary with your friends, through Facebook, Gmail and Twitter.
- The Moon Bullet feature of Track-Kit App offers you measurement of multiple distances and also radius overlay.
- There is also the facility of measuring speed by using digital or analog speedometer, both of which are feature rich.
- A very advanced compass is available on Track-Kit App in combination with a map and sun/moon azimuth and sunrise/sunset as well as moonrise/moonset azimuth.
- Another very useful tool offered on Track-Kit App is the Range Finder Tool, through which you can measure the heights of objects and distances toward them with the help of a set of sniper scopes.
- Track-Kit App also offers 3D presentation with which you can show the reality of positions of objects and directions to waypoints.
- Using azimuths of various places you can track them with Track-Kit App and overlay their distances on the camera view.
- Another great tool available on Track-Kit App is 4x digital zoom with which you can see fine details of objects too!
Watch this nice video!
No Need to Register
You can remain anonymous and send your tracks to track-kit.net for which you need not register. Your tracks are stored for 14 days, so, it’s great for a quick exchange of tracks between you and your friends. However, registering is recommendable with which you can edit and save your tracks, so you and your friends can use them anytime in the future.
What if the App Crashes?
Track-kit.net is always happy to fix the crashed app. You can just send a crash report to them through an email via their support system. There is a detailed description on the website regarding how to create a report file.
How to Use the Various Tools Available on Track-Kit App?
The main screen of Track-Kit App is centered on track recording which is the main objective behind creating this app. The main screen contains all the controls, like “track menu”, “tools menu” and “main menu” buttons. With the help of Tools menu, you can open compass, range finder, map measurement tools and speedometer. With Track menu, you can get entry to label, track and waypoint measurement. Main menu helps you to change map format, insert labels in the map and get access to options.
How to Record Track?
Recording track on Track-Kit App is very easy – you just have to press the red “record” button. While you record your track, you get the facility of open/collapse an extra statistics panel. There is a mini camera with which you can take a photo and generate a waypoint even on the go. Just press a button at the bottom of the screen with a blue circle and your waypoint is created! It’s easy!
How to Create and Manage Labels and Waypoints?
Labels are very useful static signs whereas waypoints are featured on a recorded track. When you upload a track, your labels are not shared to the server. However in the camera screen, they can be tracked.
Watch this video on how Track-Kit App works for creating quick waypoints:
Once you create labels and waypoints, you can tap on the track menu key below the main screen and a submenu will be opened with tracks, waypoints and labels. Labels can be edited or deleted, their icons can be changed, and they can be added with descriptions, audio notes and images.
How to Open Tracks and Paths?
Tap on the track menu to open a track. This button too is at the bottom of the main screen. Choose “tracks” and you will get a list of tracks opened which are stored locally as well as on the server. You can store tracks on the server by registering on track-kit.net. Without registering too, you can store tracks which will be stored as anonymous and will be removed after 14 days.
All in all, Track-Kit App is a great app for travelers, adventurers and vagabonds. Travel to any unknown place, create a route or refer to others’ routes, sightseeing descriptions and landmarks to make your journey full of excitement and joy. Track-Kit App is available currently on iPhone and iPad, and will be available for Android this summer.