Hidden Traveling Costs
If you are planning a bigger trip, perhaps the one that could last for more than a month, you will probably include some obvious costs, such as transportation between cities/countries, accommodation, food and sightseeing. However, experienced travelers have learned the harder way that there are some expenses people commonly overlook. So, take a look at them and think about the ways to minimize their impact on your traveling budget.
- Airline fees are the most common hidden costs. Why? You usually do not know what exactly you will get for your airline ticket. Sometimes, checking your bags might cost $25 or more. So, take a look at Airline Pricing Insiders Secrets: “How To Travel The World” learn the facts behind airline pricing.
- If you come from the western world, you usually forget about drinking water, because you take it for granted. You will fill your glass and that is cheap, isn’t it? Well, out there in the world behind the borders of your country, water might not be just clean enough to drink it. Sometimes hotel provides a water dispenser, but sometimes it does not. So, include the water when setting your budget.
- Internet is the best way to contact your friends and family and to inform yourself during your trip. If you do not travel with your Wi-Fi smart-phone or laptop, you might have to pay some money to use a computer in an Internet cafe.
- Laundry service. If you are planning a big trip or anything that will last more than one week, there is a great chance you will not be able to take enough clean clothing items for the whole trip. So, take a small washing powder package with you and wash your clothes on your one in a hotel’s sink.
- Secondary Transport is not an insignificant cost, especially if you do not include transport from a hotel to an airport etc. Maybe you can walk around the city center on foot, but with all your luggage, it is impossible. If you want to minimize these costs, check out the location of the stations and airports, hotels and the tourist center. And, of course, get the information on the cost of city transport, taxi etc.